Monday, June 9, 2014

Crochet New York Rangers Logo

I like hockey and I like crochet, so obviously I should crochet hockey stuff. I've been wanting to crochet more hockey logos and make more hockey inspired crafts. I decided to start with this years Stanley Cup finalists. I started with the New York Rangers and I'll have LA out soon too. This is what I came up with.





I crocheted the base and just needle felted the details on. 

For the base
Hook size- F/5- 3.75 mm

Chain 21
Row 1- SC second chain from the hook, 1 SC in each stitch, ch1, turn
Row 2- 2 SC decreases, 1 SC in next 12 stitches, 2 SC decreases, ch 1, turn
Row 3- 2 SC decreases, 1 SC in next 8 stitches, 2 SC decreases, ch 1, turn
Row 4-13 (10 rows)- 1 SC in each stitch, ch 1, turn
Row 14- 1 SL ST in first 5 stitches, 1 DC in next 2 stitches, 5 SL ST. Fasten off and weave in loose ends. Leave a long tail if you're going to sew it onto something else. 

You should have something like this.

For the details you can use felt or sew them on. I needle felted mine on there. I found that the felt was too hard to get the letters cut out. I didn't trust myself to try to embroider them either.

I printed out a logo that was about the same size as the base. I used an Xacto knife to cut out where I would be detailing on the base. I just used this as kind of a stencil. Obviously this isn't going to come out perfect. You're going to have to peel off the stencil and work the felt in more to get it the way you want. For the lines I just free-handed them since they are such a fine detail. I also free-handed the points at the top of logo too. I used felting wool for the white and I cut up red yarn and used that for the red, since I didn't have an red felting wool.


That's pretty much all I did. If you have any questions always feel free to ask. I'm normally pretty quick at responding to questions and emails. :)


Other hockey inspired crafts

Crochet Philadelphia Flyers Logo

Chicago Blackhawks Beanie

Colorado Avalanche patch

3 comments:

  1. Visit this page for more information on Madeira thread. We use different types of fabric for our iron on patches including twill, cotton, polyester blends. Custom Iron On Patches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most businesses rely on major advertising campaigns to get their company to be highly viewed by consumers. this pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog! website

    ReplyDelete

Roberto from Futurama Cosplay

Welp, back at it again with another Futurama post! I have mentioned in previous posts that Futurama is my favorite show. Roberto is one...