Thursday, March 6, 2014

Philadelphia Flyers Crochet Logo






I just wanted to make a quick post about what I've been crocheting. I started a really big afghan that is going to take me a while to finish so I've been trying to make smaller things to keep me from getting bored with the project. I thought I would be able to make the Flyers' logo so I took a whack at it. I think it came out pretty alright. It definitely needs a little tweaking but for the most part, I think it came out pretty good. I'm not going to post the pattern because I honestly don't think anyone would be interested but if you are let me know and I would be more than happy to share it. :)

Update: I got asked to share it, the pattern is in the comments but I'll just add it to the blog.

Hook size G
I work in continuous rounds

With orange ch 3, sl st together
Round 1- 6 SC in center
Round 2- 2 SC in each, change colors to white at the end of the round (12)
Round 3- 2 SC in each, change colors to black at the end of the round (24)
Round 4- 1 SC in each

Chain 14, 13 SC down the chain and sl st to join with the circle
11 SC, Ch 1, turn, 1 SC in each, sl to join, ch 1,
9 SC, Ch 1, turn, 1 SC in each, sl st to join, ch 1
7 SC, ch 1, turn, 1 SC in each, sl to join, change colors to white, SC all around (there's really no wrong way to do it)

Take a yarn needle with white yarn and add the detail in between the wings.