Sunday, July 27, 2014

Crochet Colorado Avalanche Amigurumi





I think I mentioned in one of my other posts that I like hockey. I also like to crochet and my favorite team is the Avalanche. I figured I might as well try to crochet a little Avalanche player. I'm not one to crochet a lot of other things besides hats. I thought I would take myself out of my comfort zone a bit. I used this pattern. I worked in continuous rounds, which I do not suggest.

I ended up with some obvious color jumps, which I expected. The whole thing pulled sort of funny one way. If I decided to make another one I will not be using continuous rounds again. For the number I just used felt and for the name and the logo on the front I used printable iron transfers. I used E6000 to glue the number and the name. Again, I would not suggest this. It ended up being messy and didn't look very good. For the logo I used tacky glue. This worked a little better but it left residue.

I think the hair is my least favorite about the whole thing. I couldn't get it to the look the way I wanted it to. I think I put way too much of it. I used yarn and wrapped it around  a credit card and then cut it in half. I used one piece of yarn and pulled it through the stitches. I think he has way too much hair. For the face I used safety eyes and I embroidered (badly) the mouth.



My favorite part is probably his little socks and feet. I think overall he came out pretty cute and maybe I'll try to make other players. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Roberto from Futurama Cosplay

Welp, back at it again with another Futurama post! I have mentioned in previous posts that Futurama is my favorite show. Roberto is one...