I apologize for the awful lighting in some of these pictures. I can only craft when it is already getting dark outside so I'm only left with bad florescent lighting.
Things you will need
- White polymer clay
- Black polymer clay
- Pink or red polymer clay
- Metal crochet hook
1. Start off with a white base. I just wrapped a piece of clay around the hook and rolled it between my hands until it wrapped around. I cut off the ends to make it even and then flattened out all the sides. Keep in mind that white is very unforgiving. EVERYTHING shows up on it so, make sure you wash your hands between using different colors.
2. Take a piece of black clay and flatten it out as thin as you can. Take a knife or a toothpick and cut out little diamond shapes. I cut out one I liked and then used that as sort of a pattern. Place the diamond shapes onto the white base.
3. Take a piece of pink or red clay and roll it into a ball. From here you can shape the ball into a heart.
4. Take a little chunk out of the bottom of the white base. Place the heart into the bottom.
5. Bake according to your clay's baking instructions. I baked mine for about 30 minutes. That's it! Pretty easy!