Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lightsaber crochet hook grip

I have another crochet hook grip for you guys! I had a coupon for Michaels, so I decided to buy some polymer clay and make the lightsaber crochet hook grip. This is the first time I have made one of these so I kind of was making it up as I went along so some of the pictures might look a little out of order.

Things you will need
  • Polymer clay in red, black, and grey
  • Crochet hook, any size
  • Butter knife
  • Toothpick







1. I started off with a grey base. I just took a chunk of clay and wrapped it around the bottom and rolled it between my hands. I cut off any excess from the top to get the size I wanted. 


2. I rolled out some "snakes" to use as detail work. I cut them into smaller pieces and placed them around the bottom. (We will be using these again later.)




3. I rolled out a piece of clay and used the toothpick to cut out a circle for the button. 



3. I rolled out another piece of black clay to make a flat band. I put this piece around the middle above the first snakes I put on. (This will all make sense in a second.)


So, it should look something like this at this point. 






4. Roll out some more "snakes." Wrap one around the top and take two and put them down the sides of the button. 

That's it! I baked mine for about 25 minutes. 



I feel like there are a lot of different ways to do these so you don't have to follow my instructions exactly. This is mostly just to share how I did it. 

Thanks for visiting and as always if you have any questions feel free to ask. 


Don't want to make one? You can buy them here at my etsy.

Other Star Wars inspired crafts.


1 comment:

  1. However, model new} period of Florida sports betting 1xbet korea ended only a few weeks after it began. Alternatively, you can to|you possibly can} access the operator’s cell website and follow the hyperlink to the operator’s App Store web page. Before downloading the app, you should to} positive that|be certain that|ensure that} your device meets the app’s minimum system requirements. Ever since its initial launch in Colorado on September sixteen, 2021, MaximBet has but to seem in some other states – but they are engaged on it. Just a day after its debut in CO, the model announced that it had acquired market access in Pennsylvania through a cope with Caesars Entertainment. MaximBet also secured rights to enter Ohio across the identical time.

    ReplyDelete

Roberto from Futurama Cosplay

Welp, back at it again with another Futurama post! I have mentioned in previous posts that Futurama is my favorite show. Roberto is one...