I learned how to make bows here It’ll probably make more sense there, but this is how I did it.
1. I cut a 12 X 6 piece of fabric. I used some old costume fabric I had left over from last year. It was kind of satiny. I then folded over a 1/4 inch on both sides. I didn’t fold over again but I would recommend folding over again another 1/4 inch. My fabric started fraying a lot.
2. Fold the bow in half. Overlap a little on one side.
3. Zig-Zag stitch all the way down.
4. Cut another piece of fabric that is 6 X 2 inch piece of fabric. Fold it in half and then sew all the way down.
5. Wrap that piece around the other piece, making a bow shape. Sew the back(?) and then cut off the extra fabric.
6. Pin the bow onto the shirt. I bought a cheap shirt from Walmart cause I’m cheap. haha.
7. Hand stitch the bow onto the shirt. (I hand stitch terribly. haha) Sew the band part to the shirt. Then sew the back of the bow to the shirt. Just make sure it is secure.
I really liked the way this one turned out!